An opportunity to combine geography, science, spanish & citizenship into one amazing cross curricular trip
Sea turtle hatchery
Can be tailored to cross from the Atlantic to the Pacific
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
Travel & Tourism
Costa Rica offers the perfect opportunity for a cross curricular trip with other departments in school. There is so much we can tailor here to fit the learning objectives, from volcanoes and coastal systems for the geographers, to rainforests and conservation efforts for the scientists, and community participation and local beach cleans for the language and citizenship students. The below itinerary is a whistlestop guide- be sure to get in touch about how we can tailor this programme to fit your exact requirements!
SAMPLE CROSS-CURRICULAR ITINERARY:
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose and overnight at San Joaquin
Day 2: Early transfer to Pacuare. Hands-on work in the Turtle conservation projects at Pacuare reserve.
Day 3: Journey to Arenal stopping en route in Sarapiqui to visit Tirimbina Reserve and do a Rainforest project there before continuing to Arenal.
Day 4: Chocolate tour and visit to traditional farm. Afternoon rain-forest tram and zipline tour. Visit to hotwater springs. Overnight in Arenal.
Day 5: Morning boat trip across Arenal Lake and continue journey up to Monteverde. Afternoon visit to the Hanging bridges and twilight walk. Overnight in Arenal.
Day 6: Morning guided visit to Monteverde Cloudforest. After breakfast continue to the Central Pacific, en route we will visit a local school and then a private farm to do a typical cooking class. Overnight in Jaco. (Option to extend this project as time permits – speak to us about the meaningful projects we support)
Day 7: Morning visit to Manuel Antonio National Park and transfer back to Juan Santamaría Intl. Airport for PM return flights.
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Half Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Private transfers in destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet