- Get behind the scenes with wildlife
- Top rated private game reserve
- Tailored community / conservation modules
- Easy access from the airport
- Can be tailored for your subject
- Optional Cape Town add on
This programme can be applied to the following subjects:
- Animal Management
- Veterinary science
Located just an hours drive from Port Elizabeth by coach, our top star rated private game reserves have been awarded some of the most prestigious prizes for quality in South Africa. We work with Big 5 Game Reserves Shamwari & Kwantu, and both have excellent reputations in the South Africa for quality of experience and their lodge style accommodation.
The aim of this experience is to give students a taste of wildlife management, bush skills, perception & awareness, geographical landscapes and various ecosystems on the reserve. Modules will be tailored accoridng to your subject areas.
Day 1: Getting there
On arrival in South Africa it is a full day of getting through the airport and travelling to Port Elizabeth. On arrival the group settles into their accommodation and receives and orientation and health and safety briefing and then relax.
Days 2 – 6: Conservation & Community Experience (modules based on subjects studied)
The day starts early, normally with a continental breakfast followed by a morning game drive.
After the game drive, time for a coffee break and a chance to gather your books for a talk on an aspect of environmental management.
Afternoon session in the field, from rhino monitoring to leopard tracking, tracks & signs identification, alien plant species removal, fence mending and generally whatever needs doing on the reserve. This can be as simple as filling in potholes on the reserve roads, to releasing a wild animal from the veterinary centre or from a neighboring reserve. That's the beauty of this programme, we can pretty much guarantee some exciting impromptu memories!
Alternate days will be spent assisting in the local communities.
Evening dinner and catch up with friends around the camp fire
Return flight home or down day to relax, or head into town for some time out
As standard in our quotes for this programme we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation (lodge style accommodation only)
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Transfers in-destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
Whats not included
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet