- Multiple locations across Europe
- Completely customizable
- Longer duration to cater for those looking to cover more ground
- Lessons along the way with matching excursions
- Can be private tours or fixed departures on shared coaches
This programme can be applied to the following subjects:
- Travel & Tourism
- Touring groups
Travelling Classrooms are a great way to come and cover as much ground as possible, whilst getting your desired learning outcomes through a series of matching lessons & excursions around Europe. Typically we would suggest at least 3 weeks to cover most of Northern Europe, and moving into Southern Europe.
2018 will be the first English + Europe programme where international students will get the chance to come and practice their English language skills while learning all about various European cultures. We will begin in the UK with a UK tour, before moving into Europe - below is a sample programme from our supertrip that can easily be applied, before moving into Southern Europe, The main difference is that our travelling classrooms will be lead by a teacher, and classes will be taught completely in English!
Sample itinerary for the northern segment of a travelling classroom
Day 1: Arrival into UK
Arrival in London, settle in to hotel and briefing with your tour chaperone.
Day 2: London full day
Today we visit some of London's most famous landmarks including Big Ben, Westminster, Tower of London, London (*& Tower) Bridge, Covent Garden to name a few.
Day 3: Edinburgh by train
Today we take a lunchtime train to Edinburgh, where we get in just in time for a scary ghost walk before dinner!
Day 4: Edinburgh Castle
During the morning we will make our way to the castle for a lesson on Scotland's history, then in the afternoon it's time to stock up on tartan gifts for the family!
Day 5: Return to London for Eurostar into Paris.
After breakfast we take the train back down to London, and connect straight through to Paris. Just in time for a typical Parisien meal before bed.
Day 6: Paris full day
Today we head to Paris for a full day of sightseeing including: Eiffel Tower, La Louvre, Seine river cruise, Musee d'Orsay, Notre Dame, Place de la Concorde, Arc du Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Tour Montparnasse.
Day 7: Belgium
We pick a coach and head to Versailles for the morning. Afternoon onwards to Belgium. Overnight in Brussels.
Day 8: Brussels
This morning we take a walking tour of Brussels, before an afternoon transfer into Amsterdam. Possibility to stop at EU Parliament.
Day 9: Amsterdam
A day of museums and canals! We visit the Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank's house, and take in some of Amsterdam's glorious canals!
Day 10: Transfer to Cologne
After the morning on the coach, we arrive in Cologne to visit a chocolate factory and then take a traditional German meal.
Day 11: Cologne
Today is a chance to explore the city and soak up your last day in Europe after a tranquil morning aboard a river cruise.
Day 12: Homeward bound!
As standard in our quotes we include the following for this programme (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Coach transfers from airport by coach and ferry for duration
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Teaching on the go with matching lessons & excursions
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
Whats not included
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet