A Taste of France: Cultural Experiences
- Multiple locations across France, including Paris, Normandy, Brittany, Bordeaux & the Cote d'Azur
- Homestay, hostel, residential & hotel experiences all available
- Patisserie demonstrations & Croissant making
- A selection of workshops to get hands on
- Tuition & lessons also available
- School integration also available
- Work experience can be arranged
- Battlefield tours
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Home Economics
- Travel & Tourism
- Work Experience
Between us at Glo-Ed we have been operating trips to France in previous capacities for many years. We often promote the benefits of a cultural homestay as we always found the feedback to be positive, with students not only improving their French language, but also growing in confidence. We can arrange tours of France, from top to bottom if thats your thing, or simply one destination programmes with a cultural twist.
We can also offer bespoke WWI & WWII Battlefield tours to the Somme, or Normandy beaches – please enquire about teaming up with the French & History departments.
SAMPLE INITERNARY OF A PARIS CULTURAL HOMESTAY
Day 1: Travel to Paris by coach & ferry
Arrival at home family centre in Paris suburb. Meet the families, dinner and rest.
Day 2: Full day in Paris
Today we head to Paris for a full day of sightseeing including: Eiffel Tower, La Louvre, Seine river cruise, Musee d’Orsay, Notre Dame, Place de la Concorde, Arc du Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Tour Montparnasse. Return to host families to practice French over dinner, then rest.
Day 3: AM lessons, PM cookery classes
Start the day with French tuition in small classes. Take an hour or so for lunch, then into French cookery workshops. Return to host families for dinner, French practice & bed.
Day 4: Half day school integration, afternoon in Paris
Take the morning to visit a French school & shadow a student until lunchtime. Enjoy lunch together before heading back into Paris for an action project – maybe an art class, a scavenger hunt, or a curriculum linked activity of your choosing.
Day 5: Full day cultural excursion OR host family day (only available at weekends)
This could be to the magnificent Palace of Versailles, Giverny, Rouen or even Mont St Michel as an example. If opting for the host family day, students would spend the day with their family practicing their French.
Day 6: Full day theme park
Its only fair that students get a chance to let their hair down after an intensive on the go week, and what better way than enjoying EuroDisney or Parc Asterix?
Day 7: Return home
All packed and ready for your return flight or journey home
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Coach transfers from school by coach and ferry for duration
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet