A Taste of Italy: Cultural Experiences
- Multiple locations across Italy including Rome, Venice, Florence, & Naples
- Homestay, hostel, residential & hotel experiences all available
- Cookery & other workshops available
- Agri-tourism programmes available
- Perfect programme to combine with other subjects
- Full tours covering multiple cities
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Home Economics
- Travel & Tourism
- Geography (thermal spa towns, plate tectonics, volcanoes)
Italy was one of the first destinations we operated here at Glo-Ed, so it has a special place in our hearts! There is so much to see and do, and so many cities that we call ‘living museums’, its hard to choose a favourite! For the purposes of space below please find a sample ‘foodie’ tour of Italy which has been pretty popular of late. However, we can also offer plenty of other programmes from Roman or Renaissance history, to fashion in Milan and geography based out out of Montecatini – please enquire for more info.
SAMPLE FOODIE TOUR IN ITALY
Day 1: Fly to Bologna
Arrival at Bologna airport.
Meet your coach at the bus parking area and transfer to Bologna city center where your English speaking guide will wait for you and where you will start your half day guided visit of the city. After the visit transfer to your hotel, check in, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Pasta & Gelato (ice cream) making in Bologna
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast departure by private coach to the center of Bologna. During the morning you will enjoy a super fun cooking experience making pasta making in Bologna: you will meet the chef who will give you an introduction of each pasta, the ingredients and the methods of preparation of this important Italian dish, before you get into groups and have a go yourself !
Afternoon transfer to the Museum of Ice Cream and there you will attend a gelato workshop. The instructors will teach participants how to transform fresh fruit into an excellent gelato that can be made at home! They will also talk a bit about the evolution of gelato production techniques, from the ancient “sorbettiera” to machines boasting the latest technologies. Transfer back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Farms near Lucca
Breakfast at the hotel and check out. Today you will move from Emilia Romagna to Tuscany, another famous and important region concerning food!
Before reaching your hotel in Montecatini Terme you will have a stop near Lucca, at a local farm, where the group will enjoy a guided visit of the farm, its vineyards & its olive & grape based produce (which you will get to try). Transfer to Lucca for lunch at local restaurant, followed by a guided tour of the town. Transfer to your hotel in Montecatini, check in, dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Full day in Florence
Breakfast at the hotel, then on to Florence, the city of the renaissance! Meet your English speaking guide for a guided morning tour of the sites and sounds of Florence. Free time for lunch and a mooch round the shops (including the original Gucci store if that’s your thing)! Afternoon transfer to a local restaurant for a TIRAMISU COOKING CLASS: the group will receive a brief introduction to its delicious origins before having a go yourself…..which you will get to enjoy later! Transfer back to your hotel in Montecatini, dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Return home
All packed and ready for your return flight or journey home
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions & workshops
- Coach transfers in destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet