A Taste of Spain: Cultural Experiences
- Multiple locations across Spain, including Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid & Salamanca
- Homestay, hostel, residential & hotel experiences all available
- Paella cookery workshops
- A selection of other workshops including the art of flamenco
- Tuition & lessons also available
- Work experience can be arranged
- Full tours covering multiple cities available
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Home Economics
- Travel & Tourism
- Work Experience
- Geography (Costa Brava or Aragon)
Similar to France, we have been operating trips to Spain in previous capacities for many years. We often promote the benefits of a cultural homestay as we always found the feedback to be positive, with students not only improving their Spanish language, but also growing in confidence. We can arrange tours of Spain, from top to bottom if thats your thing, or simply one destination programmes with a cultural twist.
We can also offer bespoke geography based programmes to the Costa Brava or Aragon – please enquire for more info.
SAMPLE CULTURAL ITINERARY IN GRANADA
Day 1: Fly to Granada
Check in to hotel and relax before cultural evening meal.
Day 2: Full day in Granada
Today we head into town to check out the marvelous Alhambra & the gardens of the Generalife.
Day 3: AM lessons, PM cookery classes
Start the day with Spanish tuition in small classes. Take an hour or so for lunch, then into Andalusian cookery workshops & Paella making.
Day 4: Full day in Seville
Time to absorb the Alcazar, the Giralda & the Plaza de Espana.
Day 5: AM lessons, PM cultural excursion
After the mornings lessons in small groups, we will take to the mountains to learn the art of traditional jamon curing, & a working olive oil farm, or making our own glazed tiles inspired by the Alhambra
Day 6: Full day in Cordoba
A day to see the sights including the Mezquita, the Alcazar of the Reyes Cristianos & the Calahorra Tower.
Day 7: Return home
All packed and ready for your return flight or journey home
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Coach transfers in destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet