- Traditional mezze evening
- Hadrian's Arch
- Workshops & performance opportunities (think Greek tragedy)
- Tuition & lessons also available if required
- Can be combined with other destinations for supertrip - maybe Italy, Spain or Egypt for example
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Global Citizenship
- Geography (think Santorini)
- Travel & Tourism
Home of the great philosophers, ancient Greece had to make our shortlist of programmes to offer. Culturally it’s right up there, like Italy it has many ‘living museums’ for it’s towns & cities, and also a culture and history that has shaped the world as we know it today. A great civilization that is so worthy of further exploration – so why not add ancient Greece to your European itinerary?
SAMPLE ANCIENT GREECE ITINERARY
Day 1: Flight to Athens
Settle in and enjoy a traditional mezze meal.
Day 2: Athens
Today we visit the Temple of Poseidon, and the warm waters of the Vouliagmeni Lake. Dinner with a view at Palea Fokea.
Day 3: Athens
Panoramic walking tour of Athens covering the National Library, the Greek Parliament and the Tomb of Unknown Soldier, the Panathinaikon marble stadium where the first modern Olympics took place, Hadrian’s Arch, and the temple of Olympian Zeus. After a lunch break we take a guided tour of the Acropolis visiting the Erechthelon and of course the Parthenon! As the afternoon draws on, we take a stroll through Thislo, Monastiraki & Plaka, before enjoying a traditional Greek tragedy (optional mask making workshop).
Day 4: This is SPARTA!
No trip would be complete without a visit to the statue of King Leonidas of Sparta! From there we continue to Kalambaka & Meteora.
Day 5: Delphi
Full day in Delphi. Visit the sanctuary of Apollo, the treasury of Athenians & the museum of Delphi.
Day 6: Ancient Olympia!
Transfer through the spectacular scenery of the Corinthian Gulf before enjoying a tour of the Ancient Olympia complex (including the temple of Zeus) & the archaeological museum.
Day 7: Home time
Transfer back to Athens for return flight home.
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Half Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Private transfers in destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet