Leadership in the Canadian Wilderness
- Leadership & bushcraft skills
- Tracks & signs
- Canoeing in national park
- Be at one with nature
- Can be combined with other North American programmes
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Global Citizenship
- Earth sciences
- Animal sciences
This programme offers a great chance for students to learn invaluable life skills that are often forgotten about by education curricula. From touchdown in Canada, this programme offer adventure right through until the very end. Students will not only learn about the local environment, the wilderness and bushcraft, they will also learn to switch off from the digital world, turn up their sensory awareness and their listening skills with most evenings entertainment being around a campfire with friends. For conservation related subjects, this programme can be combined with a wolf sanctuary module, a Yellowstone add-on or an orca & marine mammals Vancouver add-on.
SAMPLE CANADIAN WILDERNESS ITINERARY
Day 1: Group is picked up at Pearson International Airport in Toronto and driven by bus to their Lodge accommodation. Flight with arrival time in Canada in the late morning or early afternoon is ideal. Introduction to your Instructors, enjoy a delicious meal and be given an evening overview of the expedition.
Day 2: After a great breakfast, time to pack and then depart for expedition. The group will travel by canoe into Algonquin Provincial Park and will stay at a wilderness campsite with their Instructor Team.
Day 3: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 4: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 5: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 6: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 7: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 8: Group is on expedition in Algonquin Park (content can be tailored to suit)
Day 9: The group will complete their expedition this day and be taken back to the Lodge to stay for the night, shower and enjoy a celebratory meal on their last night in Canada.
Day 10: After Breakfast the Group will be driven to Toronto to meet their flight for the journey home or transfer onto another Glo-Ed extension.
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Lodge & Camping Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Private airport transfers in destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet