STEM @ CERN Switzerland
- Visit CERN - the home of the Large Hadron Collider & the birthplace of the internet!
- Universe of Particles Exhibition, History of Science Museum, Museum of Natural History
- Visit the Old Town
- Can be combined or tailored with other tours to include the glacier at Mt Titlis, a visit to Mont Blanc or Lucerne
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- STEM subjects
CERN is truly a spectacular place. The things they are discovering there will shape our world forever. Birthplace of the internet, and home to 13,000 people on a daily basis, this trip is great for those who those who are short on time, are new to trip organising, or would like to combine with other European destinations.
Day 1: Getting there
Arrival in Geneva, take the free transport to your hostel. Afternoon by the lake.
Day 2: CERN experience
Head over to CERN for your group tour. Check out the impressive Universe of Particles exhibition, before your tour. Return to hostel for dinner, or head out into Geneva Old Town.
Day 3: Return flight
Pack up, head to the Museum of Natural History & Museum of the History of Science before getting your return flight home, or heading on to next destination.
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Half board accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions (we may need your school details on headed paper for CERN)
- Public transport transfers in-destination
- Group travel Insurance
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet