United Kingdom Grand Tour
- Oxford or Cambridge
- Bath or Cardiff
- Liverpool or Manchester
- York or Leeds
- Newcastle or Durham
- Can be tailored for both UK schools looking for a city break or international schools looking for a grand tour
THIS PROGRAMME CAN BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Global Citizenship
- Arts (think London shows, art galleries & museums)
- Travel & Tourism
- Sciences (think Jodrell Bank, National Space Centre, Science Museum)
- Geography (think Jurassic Coast)
- History (think Black Country Museum, Stratford upon Avon, Windsor Castle etc)
We love the UK tours. It’s our back yard after all! This programme can be tailored to fit from the day trip, to a weekender and a show, to two full weeks travelling round the best our fair isle has to offer.
Day 1: Arrival in London
Arrival in London, head to accommodation and settle in. Evening meal and rest for full programme ahead.
Day 2: Full day in London
Today we head to London to visit specific sites of interest. This could be the British Museum, Madame Tussauds, London Eye, River Cruise, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street – you name it, we can take you there.
Day 3: Harry Potter museum
As it says on the tin – your private coach will collect you for a day of Harry Potter! We will head to the museum first, before heading on to Oxford to take in the Great Dining Hall and spend the night.
Day 4: Liverpool & Manchester
Up to Liverpool first to visit the Beatles museum, take in some lunch, and then off to Old Trafford, home of Manchester United for a behind the scenes tour. Overnight in Manchester.
Day 5: Edinburgh
A long drive today stopping off for lunch on the edge of the beautiful lake district. Arrival in Edinburgh in the evening, just in time for a Ghost tour and a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe.
Day 6: Full day in Edinburgh
Time for some retail therapy, before dropping off the bags and visiting Edinburgh Castle! Late afternoon train to London.
Day 7: Return home
All packed and ready for your return flight or journey home.
As standard in our quotes we include the following (based on our experience this just works best):
- Full Board Accommodation
- Activities as mentioned above
- All excursions
- Transfers in-destination
- Group travel Insurance
- Assistance of local in-destination partners on the ground
- 24 hrs emergency contact locally & in the UK
- Parents evening representation
- Glo-Ed Basic Travel Pack: Travel t shirts, lanyards, ID cards, wristbands
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
As standard in our quotes the following are not included but most can be added for a supplement:
- Flights (unless otherwise stated - please add to your quote form)
- Visas - please see your country's embassy or home office website
- Inoculations - as above
- Airport transfers in your country of origin
- Glo-Ed Travel Pack Premium: Everything in Basic, plus team travel hoodies, water purification/filtration bottle, Glo-Ed trucker hat, day pack, micro-fiber towel, sweatband, sanitizer, torch, sunscreen.
- Glo-Ed Luggage Bonanza: Canvas backpack, canvas holdall, bumbag/fannypack, rip wallet